The Wanderers ProTouch Cycling Team has had a number of successful events since the start of the season with Tiano da Silva (Junior) finishing off in 2nd Place in the Berge en Dale last weekend and, Ryan Terry coming in the Top 10 at the Dis-Chem Ride for Sight, the week before. Tiano has also been selected to represent South Africa at the African Continental Championships in Ethiopia in March, along with ProTouch Continental Team riders Rohan du Plooy and Jayde Julius, who will be riding alongside Dimension Data World Tour riders.
The next big event for the Wanderers ProTouch Team is the 5-day Tour of Good Hope (starting 4 March) and Cape Town Cycle Tour (10 March), which promise to be successful events for the team.
WANDERERS PROTOUCH CYCLING CLUB
Final plans are underway to launch the Cycling Club. ProTouch Sports (who operate the ProTouch Continental ProCycling Team and The Wanderers Club Team) are working closely with The Wanderers Club to launch and operate a new Sub-Club membership option. The Cycling Club membership (for existing Club Members) is R200 per annum. Benefits include:
- Selected events race number pick up at the Club for members;
- Bike transport at discounted rates, for out-of-town events/ drop off/ collection;
- Discounted MTB Multi-Park Entries for Bike Parks in Gauteng.
- Access to an online Shop with preferentially-priced items – % of sales will also go to Support SA Talent, which is focussed on raising funds for our National Road Cycling Team and other UCI/ Federation events. Products include: Helmets and eyewear, nutrition, shoes, various bicycles brands, bicycle bags and boxes, Bike set ups, by the professionals, bike services, wheels and tyres, electronic wearable devices, bike Insurance and personal accident cover, training and coaching programmes, custom cycling kit;
- Members also purchasing their Cycling South Africa full racing license (R450) also receive: R25 000 Emergency Medical Treatment and Emergency Travel costs and/or death benefit of R25 000, for any cycling related accident that occurs at a Cycling SA sanctioned cycling event.
- Events at the Club will also include specialist talks on nutrition, bicycle set ups and performance management as well as access to the ProTouch Continental and Wanderers Club Team, for corporate rides and training programmes.
Individuals wishing to join the Cycling Club must first become The Wanderers Club Members and then add on the Cycling Club Membership of R200 per annum. There is also an option to also include a Cycling South Africa Full Racing License as well as Central Gauteng Levies (R775 per annum).
A limited edition, ProTouch Wanderers Club Jersey will also be available for Members to purchase at R850 each. These will be available from April.
For more information contact [email protected]