The Wanderers Club in Illovo, Johannesburg, has a vacancy for a Duty Manager who will be reporting directly to the Operations Manager.
The Wanderers Club houses fourteen sporting sub-clubs with two thirds of the Club’s membership being actively involved in sport. Most of the sub-clubs compete in leagues and competitions. Sub-clubs have their own committees elected by their members and the majority of them are controlled by provincial or national sporting federations. The new Duty Manager will be required to ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the club and the health, safety and enjoyment of members, tenants and colleagues alike.
If you’re a fast-thinker who is calm under pressure, responsible and a natural with people from all walks of life, this is your chance to progress as a Duty Manager. We also look for integrity, a ‘can-do’ attitude, excellent time management, health and safety knowledge, and a customer service focus.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Ensure all members and guest queries are addressed and resolved – escalate concerns to management
- Develop and implement Housekeeping schedules (general facilities, cleaning and bathrooms)
- Look after the club facilities and ensure all relevant property is kept in good condition (air conditioners, carpets, plug points, etc.)
- Perform routine inspections and ensure all facilities are in pristine condition and that housekeeping is in order
- Manage third party service providers (security / groundkeeping) as per SLA’s and ensure that the grounds, gardens and all the areas that they are assigned to are well kept
- Report all maintenance issues to maintenance manager and operations manager and follow through to ensure resolution
- Ensure the adequate availability of cleaning consumables
- Identify H&S risks and implement policies to mitigate potential risk
- Report identified risks to relevant stakeholders and eliminate
- Ensure adequate PPE is provided to teams and worn on all occasions
- Ensure adherence to all H&S legislation
- Prepare and submit weekly and monthly reports to the relevant stakeholders
- Ensure Performance Management systems are in place and implemented
- Ensure the identification of staff training needs
- Ensure staff have personal development plans in place
- Ensure staff adhere to company policy
- Keep accurate staff timesheets and submit to management
- Qualification requirements:
- Matric; A university degree or management diploma would be an advantage
- The incumbent should have at least 3 years experience in a senior position, preferably with experience in managing a team
- A driver’s licence is a necessity.
- Must be available to work shifts
- Remuneration is negotiable and is commensurate with qualifications and experience. A detailed CV may be sent to [email protected]. The deadline for applications is 24 May 2022.