In terms of clause 4 of the “Rules of the Wanderers Sub-Clubs”, notice is hereby given that the 2018 annual general meeting of the tennis sub-club will take place on Saturday 18 August 2018 at 4.00pm at the tennis pavilion, Wanderers Club, 21 North Street, Illovo, Johannesburg for the purpose of transacting the following business:
- Consideration of the report of the committee, including the financial report, which reports will cover the year ended 28 February 2018;
- Approval of increasing the annual tennis levy, which has remained unchanged for 3 years, from R350 to R450 per adult person and from R175 to R200 per junior person for the 2019 financial year (commencing 1 March 2019).
- Election of a committee for the ensuing year, which committee comprises of a chairman, vice-chairman, secretary, treasurer, 2 committee members, and the coach (executive “on-site”);
- Approval of maintaining visitors fees at R50 per person and increasing non-members playing fees from R80 to R100 per person per 2-hour session.
- The currently serving committee members are, John Galatis, Paul Basmatsian, Ken Parsley, Oscar Marino, Richard Stocken, Stanley Batzofin and Marcel Gonsalves all of who, in terms of clause 4.1.1 of the Rules of the Wanderers Sub-clubs, shall retire from office but shall be eligible for re-election without nomination. All, except for John Galatis, have indicated that they will serve again if elected.
John Galatis, who has been the longest serving Chairman of Tennis at Wanderers, (10 years) believes it is time for someone else to take the reins and will resign as a committee member. He will serve as an invited member for 12 months if requested.
- Nominations for new committee members must be in writing, signed by a nominating member and a seconding member and countersigned by the nominee to the effect that he/she is prepared to accept nomination and delivered to the club office 8 days prior to the AGM when it will be placed on the club notice board together with a list of the retiring committee members.
- Quorum for the meeting is 10 paid up tennis members.
PS: >PRIZEGIVING WILL FOLLOW AT 4.30PM
>BRAAI FOR ALL AT 5 PM – BY JOE DE FREITAS, SPECIAL – R100 PER PLATE