OPENING HOURS OF THE CLUB
7.00 to 23.00
DAYS/HOLIDAYS WHEN CLUB IS CLOSED
The only day in the year the Club is closed is 1 January (New Year’s day)
TRANSPORT FROM THE AIRPORT – GAUTRAIN
The Gautrain runs from O R Tambo airport to Sandton and Rosebank stations. The Gautrain bus from Rosebank Station stops directly outside the Club. For more information go to www.gautrain.co.za.
VISITORS TO THE WANDERERS CLUB
Visitors are welcome to the Wanderers Club and to use the facilities (Refer to Facilities tab on the website). Visitors include:
• Members of Affiliated clubs (Refer to Affiliates tab on the website)
• Guests of the Protea Hotel Wanderers
• Visiting sports teams
• Members’ guests (where Member is present)
• Attendees of Conferences and other events
All visitors entering the Club must collect a gate pass at the main gate (Gate 1), keep it on them at all times whilst at the club and return it to Security when exiting the Club at Gate 2. Visitors are reminded that the Wanderers Golf Club and the Bidvest Wanderers Cricket Stadium are no longer part of the Wanderers Club but they are separate entities in their own right. Details of their facilities and fixtures may be obtained by calling the Golf club on +27-11-447-3311 whereas the Cricket stadium can be reached on +27-11-340-1500.
MEMBERS OF AFFILIATED CLUBS
Members of our affiliated clubs will be treated as temporary members on production of their home club membership card and letter of introduction. This will permit them access to the Clubhouse facilities but not to any member benefits. Those wishing to participate in sport have to contact the different sporting codes and pay visitors’ fees.
GUESTS OF PROTEA HOTEL WANDERERS
Guests of the Protea Hotel Wanderers automatically become temporary members of the Wanderers Club for the duration of their stay. Their room card is treated as a membership card and will permit the guests to access to the Clubhouse facilities.
VISITING SPORTS TEAMS, MEMBERS’ GUESTS, CONFERENCE AND EVENTS ATTENDEES
Visiting sports teams, Members’ guests and conference and events attendees may make use of the Club’s food and beverage facilities and will be treated as guests of the Club but they will not be entitled to members’ benefits.
There is no reserved parking on the Club grounds with the exception of our staff/tenants shaded parking bays reserved only from Monday to Friday 5.00 to 19.00 as indicated by signage on such bays.
One of the benefits of being a member is free secure parking on the Club premises during cricket games at the Stadium as parking during those times is very much in demand. Visitors are charged a fee for parking when attending Cricket games at the Stadium.
A service charge is not included on restaurant and bar bills, but a voluntary gratuity may be added which is normally 10% of the bill.
HOW TO SETTLE BAR AND RESTAURANT ACCOUNTS
Restaurant and Bar bills may be settled by cash, credit card or debit card before leaving. We regret that no cheques can be used to settle bills and no bar tabs may be run to be settled afterwards.
The dress code in the Clubhouse is Smart-casual and the interpretation of this is left to the patron’s good taste but expected to respect the standards of the Club. The following items of dress are not acceptable in the Clubhouse:
• Frayed or torn Denim Jeans
• Bare Feet
• Vests or Running/Cycling shorts
• Flip Flops
The Wanderers Club is a smoke-free zone and the only two designated smoking areas are the Player’s Lounge Cigar Bar and the Chariots Deck.
DOES THE CLUB PROVIDE ACCOMMODATION
No, but the Protea Hotel Wanderers, which is a separate entity, is situated next door and can be contacted directly on +27-11-770-5500.
The Club boasts the following sporting facilities:
• A four-lane, 400 metre flood-lit grass track.
• Three indoor Badminton courts.
• Two outdoor flood-lit basketball courts
• Four Bowling greens.
• Two Cricket ovals, one being flood-lit.
• Four Astroturf cricket nets as well as six grass practice nets.
• A fully equipped premier Gymnasium.
• Water-based flood-lit Hockey Astroturf
• Two flood-lit Rugby fields with a clubhouse.
• Ten full-size Snooker tables and a fully equipped bar. To make use of the snooker tables as a visitor please enquire within the snooker room on the lower ground level for bookings and light fee.
• Eight Squash courts, one being an international all-glass court.
Contact the squash centre +27 11 788 5010 extension 250 to book courts
and pay a light fee for the usage of lights.
• Ten Tennis courts, all flood-lit and a Tennis Pro Shop. To book a court, please enquire at the main Reception.
• Six Padel courts.
• 5km and 8km Time Trial runs.
• Fully equipped Sauna on the lower ground level of the main Clubhouse.
Athletics/Roadrunning, Badminton, Basketball, Bowls, Cricket, Gymnastics, Hockey, Karate, Rugby, Touch Rugby, Snooker, Junior Soccer, Squash, Tennis and Padel.
Discovery Soccer Park, which is a separate business, provides facilities on the Club property for 5-a-side Soccer. For more information see www.discoverysoccerpark.co.za.
A CrossFit Gym, a separate business, is also situated on the Club property and can be reached on email@example.com.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE FACILITIES
The social and banqueting facilities include the following:
- The Deck @ Wanderers consisting of a large versatile Marquee of 1800 sqm erected between the Rugby fields on Corlett Drive which can host functions of up to 1500 people.
- A 400 seater Ballroom and 12 other function rooms of various capacities.
- The Chariots Bar equipped with a big screen and offering food and beverage at fantastic prices. With its long, winding bar, plasma screens, big-screen projector, and large covered deck, not to mention the friendly staff and great menu, very few bars can compare. Don’t get confused with the name Fourteen appearing on the menus. This is in honour of the late rugby great James Small who carried the number 14 and who was related to the new members area service provider, Gavin Houlston. The Wanderers is a sports club and the various memorabilia displayed in Chariots are reminiscent of its great sports history.
- The cosy Spinners Sports Bar overlooking one of the cricket ovals.