Hi tennis members,
Play started last Wednesday and first on-court were Rowan and Kyle. Good to see Rowan still striking the ball with conviction.
Phase 2 play:
Phase 2 starts on 30 June when play will be open to all tennis members. The TSA definition for phase 2 is ‘All other TSA affiliated club players’. This means that no visitors are permitted and that all players must be paid up club members.
A few people have arrived at the courts without having booked. A reminder that pre-booking of courts is now essential. All play be supervised by a coach which means that you must pre-book with a coach to ensure they will be present. If you arrive at the courts and there is no coach present, you will not be permitted to play.
How do I get back on the court?
A reminder on how to get back to tennis
- Make sure your tennis membership is paid up
- Join the ‘Tennis during lockdown’ WhatsApp group (message Richard on 079 542 2293 to get added)
- Book a time with a coach and pay your R25 per player to the coach
- Arrive on time wearing your mask
- The coach will sign you in
- Play! Observe the TSA safety guidelines that are posted at the clubhouse
- Depart promptly, wearing your mask
Supporting our coaches
Our coaches and stringers have had no income during lockdown, and even with return to play under level 3 we can see it will be a long time before their income returns to normal. The easiest way to support them – and your tennis – is to book some coaching lessons!
We are also looking for other ways to provide relief, if you have any ideas or can offer support please contact me at [email protected]
For more information take a look at the tennis section on the Wanderers Tennis website. We will be updating it regularly with news.
Enjoy your tennis