Wanderers Running Club in Illovo, Joburg
Athletics Running Club Mission
To support running and walking as an agonistic and recreational activity and encourage participation by all ages and sexes from all social backgrounds and all fitness levels.
Weekly Time Trial 5k & 8k routes
Every Thursday at 5:45 pm we meet on the bottom cricket oval for our weekly time trial. You have the choice of running the 5k or 8k routes. Join us on the first Thursday of each month for a braai after Time Trial and the raffle to win a pair of shoes. We are also accepting donations of old running shoes. just leave your old running shoes under the clock.
Download the routes here:
5 km Time Trial Route Map
8 km Time Trial Route Map
Tuesday and Thursday at 5 pm: Walking session.
Tuesday 5 -7 pm: track available for running and walking training.
Thursday 5:45 pm: 5 and 8 km time trial.
Sunday Club Runs 10 – 15 km at 7 am from the main entrance gate.
The Committee Members
Chairperson – Sam Bieske
Club Secretary – Hilde Harvey
Race Marketing – Sam Bieske
Treasurer – Gardner Van Niekerk
Newsletter – Sam Bieske
Vice Chairman – Glynn Allen
Become a member of The Wanderers Club
- To be worn at all ASA races and includes:
- WAC Vest
- WAC Ladies Racer Back
- WAC T-Shirt
- Black Shorts
- Black Tights
- If you are going to wear a base layer under your vest/ ladies racer back or shirt it needs to be black or white
- To be attached on the front and back of your vest/ladies racer back or shirt.
- Your race number is to go on the front, it can cover your licence but the licence sponsor must be visible.
- If you want to claim an age category place you must wear the official age category tag, sew this on as well.
Levingers charge +- R 125.00 to sew them on permanently, on the front tell them to leave the top open and there you go a pocket for a tissue or your first place acceptance speech.
- If you are running in someone else’s entry you must follow the substitution process outlined by the race organisers.
- Self-seed, if you did not pack that first place acceptance speech start further back.
- Thank the marshals on route- they are volunteers.
- NO HEADPHONES.
- If you are going to stop, make sure there is no one behind you.
- Do not litter, bins are available at all water points.
- Have fun and encourage other runners.
- Respect the rules, they are there to protect you.
- Update your details on all result platforms
- Help out in your club.