Airports, highways and hotel rooms often appear to be junk-food-only operations. While not as noticeable, nutritious options also are available. Sometimes you need to bring these items with you, and in other instances you just need to know where to look. But no matter where you travel, your family can keep eating healthfully with some simple planning ahead.
1. Before You Go, Pack Non-Perishable Snacks
2. Once You’re Off, Seek Out Healthy options
3. Plan ahead for road trips. Some stops have limited healthy options.
4. Watch out for bar fridges in hotel rooms, rather stock them yourself with healthy snacks.
5. Many hotels offer a continental breakfast as a part of your stay. Enjoy this complimentary meal option by making healthy choices
6. Airport terminals have many choices. If you haven’t prepared before arrival, eat at the restaurant or get a healthy takeaway for the plane.
Speak to your travel agent about healthy airline meal options. You can maintain or even continue to lose weight while travelling. Getting good nutrition advise is especially important if travelling for work is frequent.