Urban Foodie | Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva of SilvaSale Events and Catering at The Wanderers Club is here to help you take a little bit of The Wanderers home with you! Growing up surrounded by amazing flavours and smells of his home land Mozambique, Pedro has always had a keen interest in cooking. Between his moms influences and his passion for entertaining his style and dedication can be seen throughout the Chariots bar.
Let’s take it back to basics!
- 3 TBS Good Quality Olive Oil.
- 2 Red and ripe tomatoes, you can roughly chop these.
- 130ml Red wine – Maybe a glass for you as well!
- 2 Cloves of fresh garlic chopped finely.
- 1 red or green chili depending on how hot you want it. Chopped fine.
- Dash or two of Tabasco Chipotle.
- 1 small tin of tomato paste.
What to do!
- Take a medium sauce pan and turn the heat up to between 4 -5 or medium heat.
- Add the 3 TBS of olive oil, garlic, chili and let us simmer.
- We like to add a little smokiness so Tabasco Chipotle – just a dash or two.
- Once the ingredients has started to simmer, turn up the heat a little and add the red wine. This will deglaze the pan and add extra flavour.
- Once the alcohol has burnt off and in your chopped tomatoes, turn the heat down and simmer away.
- Add in two teaspoons of the tomato paste and let this all cook down.
- Leave it simmering for about 15mins or until a nice semi thick consistency has been created.
Add this to your favourite pasta or sear off some minute stacks and make a classic Prego roll!
Be safe in the kitchen and always take precaution when cooking!
#TheWanderersClub #SilvaSale #UrbanFoodie. #CHARIOTSBAR