Chef Pedro Silva
Pedro Silva of SilvaSale Events and Catering at the Wanderers Club is here to help you take a little bit of Wanderers home with you. The Centre Court Restaurant has divine set menus available for any event with one of its tastiest treats being Vegetable Tempura! It’s easy to make and your friends will be truly impressed!
- 1 Free range egg
- 1 cup very cold water
- ¾ cup plain flour
- 1 pinch of bicarbonate of soda.
- Zucchini cut into thin strips.
- Cauliflower broken into small heads.
- Carrots cut into small strips.
- Large sauce pan filled half way with fresh oil.
What to do!
- Beat the egg and icy cold water together until light and fluffy.
- Add flour and bicarbonate of soda to the egg mixture, mix quickly but not for longer than a minute.
- Cut up your vegetables and salt them lightly.
- Heat your oil to 190 degrees, be careful to not heat to smoking point.
- Dip your vegetables in the mixture and slowly drop into the oil.
- The softer vegetables will cook quicker while the carrots may take a minute longer.
- Serve with your choice of dipping sauce.
Be safe in the kitchen and always take precaution when cooking!