Wanderers Road Race
Save the date! The Wanderers Road Race is being held on the 25th of August this year. All WAC members are asked to help with marshalling, race number collection etc. An email has been sent out to ask you where and when you can work as well as your shirt size. A reminder- no WAC members are allowed to run.
We are incredibly proud of all our WAC members who took on the mighty Comrades marathon this year! Not only did these runners represent our club with pride, but they also managed to achieve some excellent results! We are so proud of each and every one of you!
Aches and Pains Awards – Congratulations to the following awards winners.
· 21km First Lady Home: Jaqueline Rosentvaig 2h24:27
· 21km First Male Home: Shimon Barit 1h42:59
· 56km First Female Home: Kate Rees 4h24:27
· 56km First Male Home: Ryan Eichstadt 3h42:34
· First Novice Home: Chris Biley 7h33: 06
· Hare Trophy (fastest runner home): Ryan Eichstadt 6h41:45
· Tortoise Trophy (slowest but had the most fun): Jonas Sema 11h54:22
· First Lady Home: Kate Rees 7h20:59
· First Vet home: Daniel Jenner 6h:
· Isavel Roche-Kelly award to our first ever silver ladies’ medallists: Kate Rees & Janine Rawlinson.
Joe Stutzen Award:
This award is given to a member in recognition for their service to the club. Congratulations to John Wilson for receiving this prestigious award for the years of service as co-chairman and for his contribution to Saturday morning runs.
· Old Eds 5km, 10km, 21km -11th August
· Wanderers – 25th August (all WAC members are to work and not run)
· Harriers- 5km, 10km, 21km – 1st September
· Rockies Gerald Fox- 5km, 10km, 21km – 15th September
Please get hold of Kent on 0846023172 should you be able to volunteer for gazebo duty for the above 3 runs.
Consistency is key and if you are looking for a great way to run a steady 10 – 15 km these are the runs for you. The pace is easy and the company great, this is how Sunday runs are meant to be. These runs depart from the top parking lot @08:00.
Weekly Time Trials
Join us every Thursday evening @17:45 and challenge yourself by participating in either our 5km or 8km time trial starting from the bottom oval. The first Thursday of every month is our social night where you can join us for a bite to eat and a drink or two followed by a raffle where we have prizes sponsored by the Sweat Shop. Come down to the club and make sure you use the #wanderersathleticsclub to post your pics!
Next First Thursday is on the 4th of July! Please wear high visibility clothing and headlamps!
Track sessions start at 17:45 every Tuesday on the top oval, all levels of runners are welcome. Sessions followed are on the website and on the WAC app.
Annual General Meeting
The date for the AGM for this year is Monday the 5th August 2019, 18:00 at Wanderers. Details to follow closer to the time! In the meantime, please can you make yourself available on this night. We are always looking for new committee members to help us drive the club. There are a few portfolios open, please email [email protected] for more specifics. We would love to hear from you!
Hall of Fame